Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pocatello to Massacre Rock - 2 Jul 09

Today was a short ride, only 36 miles. Duff & Max stayed at Massacre Rock State Park, and rented a cabin. He's not so tired tonight, and the cabin is comfortable. Duff's after comments: The ride from Pocatello to American Falls was into the wind, and rain threatened. I rode the I-86 freeway for the first time, and it was OK. Then, I experienced my first flat tire, this one on the trailer. I got out my repair kit and broke down the tire and tube, but could not find a leak. I put it all back together and pumped it up, and pressed on. About a half-hour later, I had another flat on the same tire, so I put in a new tube. This seemed to solve my problem. I was hot and thirsty, so I stopped off in American Falls, and when I passed a Les Schwab tire center, I asked them to check the tube for a leak. Sure enough, they found it and repaired it, and would not accept payment. I'm always satisfied with the service I receive at Les Schwab.

After driving through American Falls, I stopped at a convenience store to get something cold to drink. In trying to get my bike and trailer on the sidewalk in the shade, I caused the bike to fall on its left side. I bent the left brake handle, but otherwise the bike was OK. Driving out of AF, I decided to just use the freeway to make things easier, and I'm really glad I did. It was all downhill and fast to Massacre Rocks at exit 28. Of course, I did have to ride uphill to the visitor center, but once I was in my cabin, Max and I did not go far. It took a while for the A/C to cool off the room, but I slept pretty well

No comments:

Post a Comment