Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Glenn's Ferry to Mountain Home - 6 Jul 09

Duff reporting: This was supposed to be an easy 26 mile day, but it sure did not feel like it at the end. There was a headwind of 10-20 mph most of the way, but I did OK to the base of the "Hammett" hill. I knew I'd be walking the hill, and thought it would be about 2 miles, but in actuality, it turned out to be 5 to 6 miles to the top where it leveled off a bit. That left me about 10 miles into Mtn. Home, and it was all into the wind. I was sucking down water and pedalling as good as I could in 2:4 gears--that is not very strong, but it is still moving. I made my way to the north end of Mtn. Home, and found the motel. It was nothing to brag about, and I've chosen to not even mention it. On the plus side, it did have an A/C and a decent bed. I made a food run to Albertson's and stayed in the room all day resting. Tomorrow will be my longest distance yet, so I need to be rested. Again, today I covered 26 miles. That makes my grand total 466 miles, as I recollect.

No comments:

Post a Comment